IPH specializes in treating a wide variety of addictions and underlying psychological issues. By treating the whole person and approaching addiction treatment from all angles, our clients are given the opportunity to achieve lasting recovery and return back to health.
The centre provides the following confidential services to clients and patients:
- Initial interview and screening;
- Non invasive drug use testing
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Recovery monitoring and Support.
Could you be having a drinking problem?
Identifying that you have a drinking problem isn’t always simple, especially in cultures where drinking is considered normal. There are some common signs and symptoms that you can look out for, and a few things you can ask yourself to find out if you should be getting help.
Signs of Alcohol Abuse
Binge drinking: Getting into drinking spree where a few drinks all too often turn into too many drinks.
Other signs to look out for include:
- Worrying about when you’ll be able to have your next drink
- Drinking alcohol, or wanting to drink alcohol, when you wake up in the morning
- Consuming alcohol regularly on your own, or trying to hide your alcohol consumption from those around you
- Worsening relationships with friends or family
- Always staying out late and encouraging friends to keep drinking when they’ve said they want to go home.
- You’re having to drink more than usual to get drunk
- Sweating when you don’t drink alcohol
- Feeling nauseous when you don’t drink alcohol
- Being unable to get to sleep without drinking alcohol
Ask yourself a few questions
People who work in the field of alcohol addiction often ask people these questions:
- Do you drink because you have problems or to relax?
- Do you drink when you get mad at other people, including your friends or parents?
- Do you prefer to drink alone, rather than with other people?
- Is your work or education suffering as a result of your drinking
- Have you ever tried to stop drinking, or to drink less, and found that you can’t?
- Do you drink in the morning, before school or work?
- Do you gulp your drinks?
- Do you ever have loss of memory due to your drinking?
- Do you lie about how much or how often you drink?
- Do you ever get into trouble when you’re drinking?
- Do you get drunk when you drink, even when you don’t mean to?
- Do other people comment on your drinking and think it’s a problem